WHY MUSIC APPRECIATION?
Music is important in society. People listen to it live, through a multitude of devices, at the airport, online, through headphones or speakers. And just about anywhere!
But do people really appreciate music in its deepest sense? Do they understand the difference between samba, Beethoven, and Mexican salsa? Do they really stop to enjoy it?
Music Appreciation can help answer these questions. It can be taught as a regular or online class to people seeking to better understand and enjoy music. Dr. Pereira has taught Music Appreciation many times. He's ready to share his passion for music and to teach you how to become a cutting-edge music appreciator in the 21st-Century!
Dr. Pereira's basics to teaching Music Appreciation
• How important is Music? How can we appreciate Music in more meaningful ways?
• What to do with so many entertainment options?
• Is streaming better than spinning discs? What is WAV, FLAC, MQA?
• Is MQA here to stay? Is DSD the best option for playing hi-res audio?
• What's 24bit/96kHZ and 24 bit/192 kHz hi rez?
• What's a good audio system to enjoy Mozart, Jazz, or Country music?
• How does music relate to History, the Arts, Education, Entertainment, and Film?
• Is music only background stuff? Do we really pay attention to it?
Dr. Pereira's approach to teaching Music Theory focuses on
• Studying a vast array of repertoire and musical styles.
• Placing Music in historical context and in its relationship to the other Arts.
• Hands-on experience by listening to musical excerpts and entire compositions.
• Studying music and contemporary issues.
• Audio/video observation of musical performances.
• Special contemporary topics selected according to their current historical relevance.
• Special topics tailored to groups or individuals who want to knowmore about Music.
Event booking: email@example.com | Résumé