WHY MUSIC THEORY?
Music Theory is the discipline that teaches us how music actually works, how it's put together. Music Theory makes us better music thinkers, listeners, and performers.
It is, for musicians, similar to what Math is for engineers, Law is for attorneys, Aerodynamics is for pilots, and Anatomy and Biology are for physicians. Music Theory is totally essential for musicians!
Though studying Music Theory may seem daunting at first, it can actually be a lot of fun. Taught correctly, Music Theory will open up a world of possibilities for a deeper understanding and enjoyment of the Art of Music.
Dr. Pereira's basics to teaching Music Theory
• What is Music Theory for anyway?
• Can Music Theory, in very practical ways, help us think and make better music?
Dr. Pereira's approach to teaching Music Theory focuses on
• Music Theory has to do with ideas, with hypotheses of how music works. But it's much more than that. Dr. Pereira focuses on teaching you that Music Theory should make you think, understand, enjoy, and perform music better!
• Studying and analyzing in detail a vast array of repertoire and musical styles of tonal music and beyond.
• Hands-on Music Theory, applying it in practical ways, especially in performance.
• Audio/video observation of musical performances.
• Special topics tailored to classes, groups, or people who want to learn Music Theory.
Event booking: email@example.com | Résumé